Alexandra’s Baharat Spice Mix
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from $1.41 with what's this?
A fragrant North African blend with 15 herbs and spices including clove and cardamom with the warmth of bell peppers. Delicious rubbed into a leg of lamb but also great with beef, fish and chicken.
Gluten free and vegan friendly.
Some ways to use Baharat
- Rub into lamb, coat with natural yoghurt and cook slowly at 150°C.
- Add to a meatballs mixture and serve with a tomato-based sauce over couscous, rice or pasta
- Sprinkle over vegetables and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper before roasting.
- Halve and remove the inside of capsicums or aubergines. Stuff with Baharat infused couscous (add to cooking water), sauteed onion and garlic, chopped fresh tomatoes, salt, pepper, chopped flat leaf parsley, a squeeze of lemon, a tablespoon of water and a pinch of sugar. Roast, covered for about 40 mins at 180 C.
- Fabulous in fish dishes mixed with lemon or lime.
- Stir into your favourite hummus for a flavourful dip
- Stir into bolognese or chilli dishes
- Rub on fish fillets or over the skin and in the cavity of a whole fish before grilling or baking